Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just picked up a 2005 500 fe foreman and when I go to start it it runs for a little bit and then dies out. When I go to start it again the button does nothing as the 10A ignition fuse is blown. I put a new battery in it as it needed one anyway but I still get the same thing.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
3,907 Posts
Faulty connection in the junction block (loose or corroded)

The pink wire supplies 12v to the fuse and from the fuse it goes to the junction block via the blu/grn wire - it could be a faulty unit, but the fuse is to protect the wire - the blu/grn wire goes from the junction block to: ECM, handle bar kill switch, through the switch to the bluk/wht wire - the blu/wht wire goes to the ECM, to a connector where it is plugged into the air temperature switch, goes through the switch to the carb heater and then the carb heater is plugged into ground (lose the ground or have a poor connection on the carb heater or have a faulty carb heater and it can cause the fuse to blow - simply unplug the carb heater to see if it's causing the problem), finally the blu/grn wire goes to the 2 WD/4 WD switch - if it only does it in 4x4 or 2x4 mode, that could narrow down the possibilities.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'll pull the carb heater and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll probably just run without it. Any long term effects, you know of, from doing that?

I've never even heard of a carb heater before. Is that a common quad thing or just a Honda quad thing?

·
Super Moderator
3,907 Posts
Carb heaters are becoming more common - it helps with fuel vaporization and eliminates venturi icing when riding in moist low temperature conditions. I've seen Yamaha's with two heaters per carb and Chinese machines are starting to show up with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts