Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 trx250ex and dont know much about how to mod it but am good with a wrench. I am looking to start with basic quick upgrades and would like to know where to start.
Heard of a big gun rev mod. Good? bad? Noticeable gains?

Let me what everyone thinks and where to start? Not looking to race it just improve power and ride.

Rear Axle length? I need new one. Its slightly bent. Looking for straight one. Please let me hear any opinions you have. They will all help me or others with same intentions.

Thanks again
Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
The big gun rev box is a good and easy mod. If you want basic get a new exhaust system and jet kit. You could also change up your sprocket sizes to get more top or bottom end power. If you need really simple stuff get new tires, air filter, hotter burning spark plug and little things like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
there is a bunch of mods too do. if you think air and fuel you can boost pretty good. try a bigger intake boot, K&N and exhaust for it to breathe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unfortunately you can 't do anygearing it's shaft driven. ZThe first thing I would do is ditch the balloony rear tires and put a set of 20 x 11-9 Maxxis Razrs on add some 1" aluminum wheel spacers to improve the handeling. then a uni filter, jet kit, and I recommend an HMF full exhaust they sound really good on the EX. Nerfbars ECT. The performance CDI is a good addition too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
05 trx 250ex

Thanks so far you've been a big help. Put 20/10/9 rears and 21/7/10 fronts.I added a power tip which is just free flowing tip. It started to pop when I let off gas at high rpm. Does this mean I need to jet it? What size do I go to? What are you using for spark plug? Iridium? Going to rebuild carb and want to upgrade what I can on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you but the fmf power up jet kit it provides you with very detailed instructions and that goes for most high quality jet kits. If you are buying a spark plug go with a NGK B9EG.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any place best to get the Fmf power up jet kit?
We ride in very soft to wet dirt on edges of a swamp and dry dirt. Is there an all around tire to help with deeper dirt but still rideable on dry areas. Dunlops similar to razrs are great on dry but not enough in soup stuff. Is there an in between tire thats not as harsh as a mudzilla type.

When I put better air filter do I remove air box or just lid? What do I do to keep wet mud out?

Thanks again guys this is helping us out greatly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would just buy the individual jets www.rockymountainatcmc.com has them for cheap stock main jet is a 95 I wouldn't go any more than a 100 on the main the slow jet is a 38 you can bump to a 42 that should cure the popping back, NOTE: do not alter the clear snorkel that mounts into the front of the airbox. ALSO the power tip is good for one thing only.....NOISE. lol HMF sounds really great on the EX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
so far the power up tip has done wonders.............. for noise. haha. the boy likes it and thinks he is going faster. ordering 100 main and 42 slow jet. any seal or gaskets i should get when i order just in case when i take it apart. is the HMF gonna be louder than the power tip on stock pipe? I would like to keep it quiet do to riding area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the hmf is pretty loud but if you want a quieter pipe get an fmf Q4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts