Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wire on the main harness it's in the rear its blk with white stripe does anyone know what it hooks too. Its next to the brake light wires.

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
According to the wiring diagram you do not have a brake light - only a tail light

The factory did install black and green connectors for an accessory connection, but black with a white stripe is the kill wire - touch it to ground and it will kill the spark (if it's factory wiring) - a solid black wire is hot when the key is on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you , I am reinstalling all stock factory wires from main harness to new cdi, rectifier , handle bar switch, key , ignition coil, solenoid all new. Now would that mean all blk striped wires on the harness elsewhere are also kill wires, also are grn striped wires ground I have an extra one in the front of the harness should I just ground it .

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
Green with white stripe at CDI unit goes to frame ground same as the green
Red is battery positive
Black is switched battery positive (hot when key is on)
Black with a white stripe is ignition kill (kills spark when connected to ground)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My questions were throughly answered thank you super moderator. All wiring works perfectly all is done finally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts