Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have an 06 450er that is my baby. Have some minor mods done to it. Mega bomb header & exhaust, k&n filter and filter box cover, programmable cdi box, and a couple other things. I have owned it for 3 years and never had a problem. Went riding the other day with a couple of dirt bikes and was pretty rough on it as far as top end to keep up with them but she ran great. Went to move it the next day and it made it about 20 yards then stalled... started it again and as soon as i started releasing the clutch it would stall out. 3rd time same thing. So i pushed it back to its spot as i was leaving for work for a couple of days.

Tonight my mechanic neighbor came over to look at it and it did the same thing with him. No matter if it warmed up or if he revved it up as soon as he would start releasing the clutch it would stall. I was able to push him and then he disengaged the clutch and it stayed running but he said he didnt think it was running right. He said it felt like it was shutting off electronically because of how fast it would stall when releasing the clutch.

Going to clean filters, change plug, and have carb cleaned but he didnt seem to think any one of those were the issues.hank you

Can anybody out there help me? i need to get my baby back to running 100%! Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
Put a timing light on it and watch the light to see if the spark cuts off when you let out on the clutch - if it does, it's an ignition issue - if the light continues to flash as the engine dies, it's something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys i have an 06 450er that is my baby. Have some minor mods done to it. Mega bomb header & exhaust, k&n filter and filter box cover, programmable cdi box, and a couple other things. I have owned it for 3 years and never had a problem. Went riding the other day with a couple of dirt bikes and was pretty rough on it as far as top end to keep up with them but she ran great. Went to move it the next day and it made it about 20 yards then stalled... started it again and as soon as i started releasing the clutch it would stall out. 3rd time same thing. So i pushed it back to its spot as i was leaving for work for a couple of days.

Tonight my mechanic neighbor came over to look at it and it did the same thing with him. No matter if it warmed up or if he revved it up as soon as he would start releasing the clutch it would stall. I was able to push him and then he disengaged the clutch and it stayed running but he said he didnt think it was running right. He said it felt like it was shutting off electronically because of how fast it would stall when releasing the clutch.

Going to clean filters, change plug, and have carb cleaned but he didnt seem to think any one of those were the issues.hank you

Can anybody out there help me? i need to get my baby back to running 100%! Thank you!
Look for some sort of electric switch some kind a safety mechanism connected to the clutch sounds to me almost like when a motorcycle kickstand is down and you put it in gear immediately stalls but I’m not even sure if the 450s have any electric safeties there’s no reverse or anything trougLook for some sort of electric switch some kind a safety mechanism connected to the clutch sounds to me almost like when a motorcycle kickstand is down and you put it in gear immediately stalls but I’m not even sure if the 450s have any electric safeties there’s no reverse or anything so All I can say is it’s probably something really simple

·
Registered
1 Posts

i have 07 450 ER Mine did same thing mine ran great sitting still if I let clutch out it would die start your bike let it run turn handle bar to right then left see If it dies let me no

1 - 4 of 4 Posts