Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, looking for some advice regarding selling an 07 TRX400. The machine has very low hours and has been well maintained. It needs nothing for a new owner to hop on it and enjoy it. The TRX looks nice as well, very clean with minimal rash or scratches. In all honesty, this machine probably has less than 10 hours on it.

My question is, what do I sell it for? In searching ATV Trader I've seen several listed as high as $4,500, many in the $3,000 range. Average price was in the area of $3,500. However the book value on this ATV is only $2,100. I'm in the market to buy my Fiance her first street bike and would like to get as much for this ATV as possible to help fund the purchase. As we all know trade in value is a real disappointment.

I understand all too well finding the right buyer for this is the key, someone who wants a low hour machine and willing to pay a little more for it. In my opinion $2,100 is way too low for the condition this ATV is in.

Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
Nice machine - too bad it's 7 years old

You need to take it to a dealer to see how much they will offer you trade-in for it

In my part of the U.S., trade-in is about $1500 in excellent condition - from the pic, I would say your in in better than excellent condition, but there are other factors to take into account. I think you could expect an offer of $2000 to $2500 for trade-in

Now, if you are looking at a used one to purchase, they might be priced at $4500, but they can be gotten day in and day out for about $2500 - knowledgeable buyers are not impressed by appearance and add-ons, however novice buyers drool for tweaked performance mods.

Here in ILLINOIS, I would not be out of line to ask $4500 for the quad you have, but I doubt if it would find a new home for more than $3500 and I would sit it most of the summer before I found a buyer. If I asked $3500 for it, it would sell for $3000 to $3200 and would probably sell within about a month depending on how and where it is displayed and advertised.

Hope you find this helpful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here 2 Help, thank you for the reply. It was very helpful. I've bought and sold a variety of vehicles over the years however when it comes to ATV's or anything off road such as motocross bikes, the game changes. I was confused as to why NADA and KBB had such low values listed and the listing prices on selling sites where so high.

Trade in sight unseen from a couple dealers is right about $2000. I'm in Pennsylvania not far from Lake Erie. There is a demand in this area for sport ATV's due to a developed trail system. However with the economy the way it is people just are not buying the higher dollar units. It may take some time to get this ATV sold and find the right buyer.

Thanks again for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.