Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
53 in/lbs is less than 5 ft/lbs per bolt. I know it doesn't say on the manual specifically, but it says that 6mm bolts with a small flange should be torqued to 7 ft/lbs, and I saw on another forum that someone recommended 6.5 ft/lbs. I think 6.5 would probably be best

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Torque to whatever value you feel comfortable with - the actual amount is not critical, it's more important that they all be the same amount - 5 is sufficient, 6 is fine, 6.5 is fine, 7 is OK, 8 is OK and if you want to chance stripping threads or breaking bolts, you might get away with 10 ft lbs. I set my wrench at 60 to 70 in lbs depending on how snug the threads fit the hole. If the engine has been apart several times, I use 60 - if the bolts seemed tight coming out, I use 70.

Just some worldly advice - no two torque wrenches torque to exactly the same amount, the amount of torque applied to the head of a bolt will change if an extension is used or the wrench in allowed to cock at an angle when applying pressure - and if the person torquing is a bit over zealous, they tend to tighten past the set point as a "little more for good measure".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.