Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys adjust the pilot screw with the carb on the bike? Thanks honda for making this sooo easy!
I bought a d shaped tool from RMA that basically looks like a .223 shell with one side flattened. No way can I get my hand in there tho to use this tool.

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
The bit you purchased probably is made for the Motion Pro Pilot Screw Adjustment Tool 08-0229
This is the tool I use for adjustment $75 plus shipping

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow. Sucks to have to spend that to just adjust the pilot though. Where did you buy that from?

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
Oh wow. Sucks to have to spend that to just adjust the pilot though. Where did you buy that from?
I got it through a local motorcycle shop - asked if they could get it, they said they could and did. They gave me a discount and only cost me $60 plus tax - a replacement D-shaped bit is 08-0242 and cost $4 - it is actually machined and not just flattened - it can also be turned with a box end wrench or socket on a ratchet, but it's not very handy - you can also replace the D head screw with a slotted screw.

I see what you are referring too. This is the tool I got. Dynojet
Yeah, the Dynojet tool is cheap, but how do you get in there to use it especially when the engine is hot - it's supposed to be adjusted with the engine at normal operating temp (after 15 to 20 minutes of riding - not just idling) - fortunately the screw only needs to be adjusted once and not again unless you change fuel, altitude, rebuild the carb or rejet it with a bigger pilot jet

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I adjusted it tonight with it off of course and its much better now. To do it properly it needs to be running though like you said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts