Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Im new to this site but wanted to get some feedback and see If anybody else has experienced this problem... I purchased a 2014 Honda TRX 400X brand new about 3 weeks ago and put about 6 miles on the bike. I noticed a little spot of oil under the bike after sitting for about 4 days and with further investigation I found that the bung on the bottom of the oil tank (what im told its called) that has the drain bolt threaded in it was broke out of the bottom of the tank which what was leaking. I contacted Honda about getting this covered under warranty which they told me this was my problem and they wasn't gonna cover it, after fighting with them for a week they finally told me they was gonna cover it but they didn't agree with it. My bike has been at my dealership for a week now and still hasn't been fixed yet.

Please let me know if anybody else has also experienced this problem and what you have done to get it resolved

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Never heard of this particular failure, but your warranty is only as good as your dealer

Who at Honda did you talk to? It sounds like a workmanship problem which is covered by the Honda warranty, but if the drain plug was hit by a rock or the truck tailgate or the ramp of a trailer during loading or unloading, it would not be warranty. Also, it takes about a week to get a part from Honda, so sitting in the dealership for a week is not extreme.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I first spoke with customer service and she told me this would be my problem and they wasn't gonna consider it... But after a few choice words she sent my information to a case manager and he told me they didn't agree with it but they would cover it since the bike only had about 5-6 miles on it. My dealer out of Petersburg W.Va couldn't get anywhere with honda they told him absolutely not end of discussion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.