Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
250 ex carb settings

New to the forum and im looking for help.i just purchased 2 250 ex quads for my kids as a surprise.1 is a 2001 its been sitting for 2 years the other is a 2003 thats been sitting for 3 years. The 2001 i got running great except that the choke doesnt seem to make it idle high at all you still need to hold the throttle till it warms up.

The 2003 was all clogged up it was so bad i had to boil the carb to clean it so i took it apart and forgot to count turns for the settings .

Is there anyone that could help me with the settings on the one carb and the choke problem with the 2001

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
The pilot screw setting needs to be adjusted dependent upon altitude and fuel quality - start by setting the screw at two full turns out from lightly seated - start the engine and run till fully warm (about 5 minutes) then adjust the screw for the smoothest idle.

The other - the choke needs to raise the slide slightly for a fast idle - I do not believe there is a provision for this on either the 2001 or 2003 carb - you have to hold the throttle slightly open until you can run the engine without the choke - if I am incorrect on this, please accept my apology for my ignorance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are correct about the choke problem i guess i can live with that. On the other one what about the jets in the bowl do they get screwed all the way in ? And is there a place i can find a diagrahm so i know what screw you are talking about. Thank ou for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.