Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thank to everyone on here for all of the knowledge I have used.
I have read through many forums and tried a few things but the clutch still is acting like it's slipping. I have already had the case apart and replaced both clutches following the manual. I am using Honda ATV oil. I also have the clutch adjusted.
When I put it in gear it will go if I only give it about a quarter throttle. Anything past that just causes the engine to rev without putting any power to the wheels. I am lost. I even took it back apart to verify everything was correct. I bought it like this and assumed it was the clutch but it is still doing the same thing.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
You did not reveal the year model, but I will presume it's about a 2006 - if you installed a new centrifugal clutch, we will assume it is locking up at about 2000 RPM and the slippage is in the manual clutch. Although you said you installed a new manual clutch as well, how much of the manual clutch did you install? Just the fiber plates, fiber and steel and did you replace the pressure plate springs?

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
Then the problem has to be physical - incorrect assembly or incorrect adjustment or faulty parts

Try this - the shift lever operates the manual clutch - when you are running along in gear, how hard do have press or pull on the shift lever to release the clutch? If a light pressure will release the clutch, the it is not adjusted correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts