Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So finally figured it out at long last. It was some resistance in the big round connector I think it’s got 9 wires. The red wire had corroded in the plug in the past, and someone cut the red wire out of the connector, and used an insulated stab on connector. Made me look at the rest of the connectors inside the plug and there was small traces of corrosion. The green/red wire a piece of the connector inside had corroded off. I used an exacto knife and scraped all the connectors inside the plug. Viola, got spark and fired up. Pretty sure that green/red wire was the issue, have to see what it goes to in the schematic when I get a minute. Might have to redo that wire, like someone
So finally figured it out at long last. It was some resistance in the big round connector I think it’s got 9 wires. The red wire had corroded in the plug in the past, and someone cut the red wire out of the connector, and used an insulated stab on connector. Made me look at the rest of the connectors inside the plug and there was small traces of corrosion. The green/red wire a piece of the connector inside had corroded off. I used an exacto knife and scraped all the connectors inside the plug. Viola, got spark and fired up. Pretty sure that green/red wire was the issue, have to see what it goes to in the schematic when I get a minute. Might have to redo that wire, like someone else did with the red
hi, I am having the same problem with my 2001 Honda trx300ex. I have replaced the cdi box and the ignitions coil. What connector are you talking about that I can check on mine? Thanks

41 - 44 of 44 Posts