Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently Stripped my 400 down to the frame powdercoated everything and also painted my calipers when i did i removed the hose leading into the caliper...i have tried Normal Bleeding methods and i get no fluid flow or spitting of fluid the resivors are filled help please!

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
There are 3 best methods for bleeding brakes;\:

1st best is pressure bleed - need expensive equipment

2nd best is vacuum bleed - need some fairly cheap equipment

3rd best is patience bleed - need a line pinch clamp or needle nose vice grips and lots of paper towels or other absorbent material. To bleed using this method: remove the hose from the master cylinder, put your finger over the banjo bolt hole and pump the lever slowly and gently. You need to let the air out past your finger, but block air from getting back in when releasing the lever. When you have the MC bled, keep the lever depressed while connecting the line. That will keep air from getting back into the MC. Once the MC is bled and the line connected - use the line pinch clamp or the needle nose vice grips to pinch off the brake hose just enough that you can pump the MC and push brake fluid past the pinch (takes a small amount of force on the lever) - this will prevent air from returning to the MC and it will be all fluid going to the caliper. Open the bleeder on the caliper and pump the MC and keep the reservoir filled. When you get all fluid at the caliper you are almost done. Close the bleeder, remove the pinch clamp and wait a few hours. After the wait, pump your brakes and see if ther are solid or mushy. If they are solid you are done - if they are mushy, hold the brake lever, crack the banjo fitting at the MC to let any trapped air out and then crack the caliper bleeder and let trapped air out there too. Repeat until brakes are satisfactory.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Man ive got the back done and the fronts are almost there ive got fluid at the calipers but the lever is still squishy i cracked the banjo fitting with the lever depressed tightend it back up and bled the calipers once more im waiting too see if they are done please look at my 400ex carb help post and see if you can help me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts