Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

400ex carb problems

28K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Here 2 help 
#1 ·
I have a 02 Honda trx400ex and it doesn't seem to stop leaking gas from the hose coming from the carb. I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the float and float needle and cleaned the carb thoroughly . Still leaks, only luck I have is to plug that hose, but today when i went riding the Damn fuel screw fell out and leaked More gas. All around bad luck! Lol
What else can I try doing? I'm just thinking I need a new carburetor...

#10 · (Edited)
You dont need another carb. What makes you think another carb is going to fix the problem of you not following a manual and rebuilding your carb correctly? I.E.
'I stopped that the air screw had fallen out and gas was leaking out of the hole'.
Had you followed the Honda or Clymer manuals, the air screw would not have fallen out.

Have you check'd the over flow tube like 'Here2help' suggested? Would you feel stupid if all it takes the fix your carb problems is, a .60 cent piece of tubing?

#12 · (Edited)
#18 ·
carb problems

I have a 99 400 ex. I have taken the carb off and cleaned it. I also had to buy the insulator that had broken, which mounts directly on the cylinder head. however I have a problem, when I push the accelerator more than 1/4 of the way the engine acts like it is getting to much gas, or could be something else, and doesn't want to go. but if I hold it at half throttle it slowly builds speed. how can I get it running right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.