Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys yes the title says it lol. My girl Friend has a 350 Raptor and it needs a Carb Rebuild. But, Instead. I'm thinking of just getting her a 400ex carb installing that for a bit for more power as with a port and polish job to. Because thinking about it I noticed on the 350 Raptors they seem to lack of the fact that they do not have an Accelerator Pump, thinking about how beneficial it is on other engines. My question is, does anyone know the Diameter size of the Throat & Intake of the 400ex carb? I know it's going to be a Slightly Larger Carburetor Diameter Intake Manifold side and Air Box Side. But nothing heating the rubber and slipping over the carburetor couldn't fix.

Mods Already done to it... Hot Cam, HMF Exhaust, Dyno Jet Kit <--"Which wouldn't matter if 400 carb was installed" and air box lid cut open. I just wanna know if anyone else has ever done it? I honestly think it would make a night and day difference with 400ex carb, Port&Polish job.

Any input would be awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried putting a 400ex carb on a 350 warrior that was hopped up full fmf pipe stage 2 hot cam it ran worse than the stock carb I even spent hours rejetting and tweaking and still ran terrible better off rebuilding stock carb and rejet just my 2 cents

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, damn. Well Alright thanks for the Input at least. Maybe a 300ex Carb?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts