Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2000 400ex my choke switch will swith on with hitting the smallest bump which of course makes it bog out. any ideas on how to keep it from doing this?

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
What you are calling a choke switch is a choke lever? The lever is locked in position by a spring and ball pressing into the detent plate on the lever. The spring and ball are not replacable (you can't buy them from Honda) however, they might be part of the choke lever set (16025-HM3-L00) about $23. I don't know because I've never had to replace one. They don't wear out and they are not damaged during normal use. The only way you can ever need one is if it is lost by an untrained mechanic and those parts do not need to be removed for normal service.

·
Registered
61 Posts
400 carbs are known for this. its been a while but if you look where the choke lever rotates there is a small metal plate with a couple holes in it. there should be a little pin that sticks out of the plastic lever that grabs in the holes in the metal plate to hold the choke lever in different positions. the pin wears a little and doesn't grab. you can remove the little metal plate and bend it slightly so it applys more pressure on the pin thats on the lever.

hope this makes sence, and my memory is working

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks ill try that and let you know if it worked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts