Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I have a slip on yoshi for my 400ex but I’m not to happy with it. I’m looking into getting a new exhaust and I heard about the rossiers and the empires I love the looks of both but I’m mainly looking for power and sound! Any one who has tried both or knows anything about them that could lean me in a direction. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
The exhaust will give you sound, but unless complimented with intake mods will cost top end power while giving a tiny boost at low end - enjoy

I just removed all the 'performance modifications' on an 05 400EX to get it to run satisfactorily - went back to a stock exhaust and air box to quiet it down (was obnoxiously loud with the gutted HMF that was on it when it came to me) and the stock air box corrected the jetting so it would run right without backfiring during deceleration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys, I have a slip on yoshi for my 400ex but I’m not to happy with it. I’m looking into getting a new exhaust and I heard about the rossiers and the empires I love the looks of both but I’m mainly looking for power and sound! Any one who has tried both or knows anything about them that could lean me in a direction. Thank you.
If you wana sell the Yoshi hmu

·
Registered
2 Posts
The exhaust will give you sound, but unless complimented with intake mods will cost top end power while giving a tiny boost at low end - enjoy

I just removed all the 'performance modifications' on an 05 400EX to get it to run satisfactorily - went back to a stock exhaust and air box to quiet it down (was obnoxiously loud with the gutted HMF that was on it when it came to me) and the stock air box corrected the jetting so it would run right without backfiring during deceleration.
If you wanna sell DM I’ll be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
01 Honda 400EX
7 Posts
I haven’t tried those but i have a FMF power bomb head pipe and big gun slip on. I’m extr happy with the results. Full exuast is the only way to go. My bike is alot stronger all through the gears and midrange is a huge difference. I had just the slip on and couldn’t tell a difference in power but the sound was alot louder & meaner. I would recommend my set up to anyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts