Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to figure out the best set up for woods riding. i am thinking i want might want to try to put 450r a-arms on the wheeler but i dont know how much work it would take to do that.. i know that they are wider and i will have to do some cutting and welding i was just wonderin if anyone would have some good advice for me.

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
Why would you want to "widen" the stance for woods riding? I narrowed mine. Maneuvers more quickly and negotiates tight trails more easily than it did stock. My next mod might be to try to shorten it.

As to putting 450 arms on - with a torch, a welder and a disk grinder; you can do almost anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree^^^^ install 450R shocks for a smoother ride the A-Arms will not work without the above mentioned tools. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what would be the best way to go about it then? Because I found a set of 450r triple rates I could put on but I didn't know how well they would work with the stock a-arms. And my next question is I have the stock a-arms on it but the right side upper a-arm is half a inch shorter then the left what would cause that?

·
Registered
38 Posts
the triple rates aftermarket shocks will fit stock a arms my friend has an 06 with elkas on stock arms. 1/2" shorter? something must be bent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts