Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at putting a 450r hood on my 01 400ex and cutting the nose back to match the hood, I was considering getting a trailtech handlebar light setup. But I'm really wanting to swap in a trx450 headlight on with the 450r hood. Will it fit? Anybody done this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok let me make sure I understand before I weigh in. you want to cut your 01 ex plastics so the 450r hood and headlight will fit in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can see what you are trying to do. but im not sure if I understand how your going to get rid of the healight setup on the 400ex plastics. The only thing I can think of is just buy 05-07 400ex plastics and hood and light

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking at putting a 450r hood on my 01 400ex and cutting the nose back to match the hood, I was considering getting a trailtech handlebar light setup. But I'm really wanting to swap in a trx450 headlight on with the 450r hood. Will it fit? Anybody done this?
is the headlight of civic is fit with yours? if it is i want to swap mine with the 450r hood. ill send you some pictures.

Athena 480
hrc kit with hc stage 2
13t front

full big gun race pipe
Big Gun over rev box
tons of heart and BIG BALLS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey,you can make it work.I have a96 300ex,I have Maier custom plastics,I installed a 450R headlight on mine.I had to make a bracket to hold the light,the headlight was on the steering stem.It wasn't that hard to do at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
so the 05-07 plastics bolt right on to the 99-04s?
Yes they will but I've been told that the mounts need some bending but only about a 1/4 of an inch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts