Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01 400ex, i have stage 3 hotcam, big gun evo exhaust, kn airfilter, lid removed. the dynojet kit said to use a 170 main and needle on third notch, 3.25 turns out, the bike spits and sputters even when taking the main down to 150, but with a 145 main and 3 turns out the bike leans out just a bit.( some popping) also my carb over flows most of the time even when the bike is running. im mechanically savvy but this problem is eating my lunch. any input is welcome

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Call dynojet and fix the carb - some popping out the exhaust during decelleration is acceptable with the low restriction exhaust, but gas running out of the carb is not acceptable - you have a bad float, float needle and/or foreign material in the needle seat. On a rare occasion the overflow tube may split and fuel will run out until you get it repaired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
400ex

I have a 2001 400ex and it runs good but wants too pop and crack really bad... Its all stock from what i know. I just bought it a few months ago! Im not familiar really with the 4-strokes! Any suggestions of what I should do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 05 400ex with yoshimura slip on exhaust, k&n air filter, lid off the air box. i have 42 pilot, and 170 main jet, my needle is set on the 4th groove. my air screw is 3 turns out.... its having trouble staying on now. i give it 1/4 throttle and it back fires bad when i let off and shut off. any suggestions? would really appreciate it. I've been having trouble with this for a very long time. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.