Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 400ex and my safety switch by the shifter broke and i have no ignition or lights. Ive connected the 2 clutch lever wires together and still nothing. Is there a way i can bypass this or no

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
OK - lets start at the beginning

The switch on the engine is a neutral switch - one wire going to it - touch the wire to ground and with the main switch turned on, the neutral light should light - if the neutral light does not come on, check the fuse - if the fuse is good , check the battery

How did the switch get broken?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
400ex

I checked the battery and its good and i checked the fuse as well and they are fine and ive touched the wire everywhere and still nothing. And the outer cover on the end of the plug where the littlw post goes on broke

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
You got to get the neutral light on - the CDI looks for neutral, if it does not get the input it prevents the starter motor from spinning.

When the main switch is turned on, it makes the black wire hot. Typically a black wire goes to the neutral light center contact. The light green wire with the red stripe is a ground wire. Is the neutral bulb good?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts