Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My float(or needle) keeps hanging up inside the bowl somewhere I've cleaned it multiple times and I also rebuilt with new float, needle everything. I've heard that the 2002+ carb had this problem fixed and since mines a 2000 Maby that's the problem. It's more of a hassle to deal with constantly having to look down every couple minutes to see if it's pissing out the overflow. A simple tap n the side of the bowl fixes it but it's still a pita. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
The QB10AB carb was used on 1999 thru 2004, so I doubt it is a problem associated with year. BTW - 2005 thru 2009 used a QB11AA carb. The QB10 costs $385 while the QB11 costs $185 so as a last resort you might try the newer carb.

Although you replaced the float and needle, what did you do about the float needle seat? It can become damaged also. Inspect the needle seat (cannot be replaced) for scratches, cracks, corrosion and or irregular shaped hole. The needle seat needs attention each time the carb is serviced and can be repaired if thats the problem.

I have found hair, insect wings, pieces of fuel line and a variety of other materials that can keep a needle from seating. Likewise, corrosion, varnish or dirt can prevent the needle from moving up and down in the seat by causing it to bind or drag in the bore.

Finally, I have seen carbs damaged by improper servicing causing the float to bind on the pivot pin. In one extreme case, the float bowl was dented by the owner banging on it with a hammer to get it to quit overflowing. The dent was deep enough to cause the float to drag on the inside of the bowl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what your saying I know that the bowl is clean and that's not the problem, it dosent always leak it has gone a whole day with the gas left in the open position and not leak, but when I take it out do some jumps n stuff then it sticks open sometimes. So I believe their is a binding issue within the Bowl hinge witch I believe is an inferior design to begin with. Maby with some input I can redesign the pivot to make it less prone to hanging up on itself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.