Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im stuck on what tires i should get. i ride in every terrain so i need something thats good in all. i kinda want the kenda kutter xc but not sure how they are in soft sand like the sand pits and what not. i use to have the duro mud and sand tire when i had a suzuki lt500r and loved them. but they only got a 22 and then ill have to re gear it. i also like the duro hookups to. i just want a tire good for all terrians and doesnt wear to quick like the mudlite sp

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got a set of kenda kutter xc for my 400ex about a month ago. They are pretty good in anything soft mud and sand. I have a hugh sand pit that i have been messing around in lately. I always got stuck with stock tires, now it grips amazing. The only thing that bothers me is going at slower speeds on roads...the tires shake from the aggressive tread. Also, the front seems to "float" at high speeds on roads and a railroad bed i go on. Again due to aggressive tread bouncing on hard surface. I would definitely buy again cause on soft ground is when they really come alive. They were a pretty decent price on Rocky mountain ATV when I got mine. Any more questions...just ask.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, 22's in front 20's in the rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you have to change to the 13 tooth sprocket or had you already changed it? I'm thinking about changing tires and I still want it to be pretty torquie

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did change it to a 13T just for better trail riding. With these tires and the sprocket it will grip pretty good and take off. Plenty of torque to lift the wheels off the ground. There is a kid who lives down the road with a sook Z400 that I can smoke at the start line, HOWEVER he will catch me on a straight away because of the top speed sacrifice of the 13T.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is a nice "beginner" slip-on pipe. Sounds great, makes noticeable power, and pretty cheap. Eventually I will get a full pipe,

·
Registered
13 Posts
They look great. I have another question...If you had a mostly stock 400ex that you paid $1800 for and it needed rings, would you take it to a dealer, a shop...or just sell it? If you were gonna try to sell it how much would you ask?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lol. I have no idea how much you could sell it for. There are a lot of things to consider. Anything else wrong with it? Depends on how you feel about it. You could sell it and get something newer. Or look at it as an opportunity to bore it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
$1800 is getting on the high side for a 400ex if you like the bike hone it and drop a piston in. If its really bad bore it to a 416 or get a new cylinder and build a 440 but IMO its hard to beat a 416 in every aspect. Reliable fast long lasting. You will almost never get out of a quad as what you put it but you won't ever get the same enjoyment either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In my idea kenda kutter xc looks pretty sexy and performs really great. I don't mind getting stuck with it. The key is have it inflated with the correct psi.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently bought a set of GBC XC Masters I wanted to test them out before I posted. They are a really sweet tire. Maxxis Razr 2 knockoff almost to the T. They are very affordable and perform well in most terrain. I'm in the sand down here but we have other terrain as well. I would buy them again and recommend them.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts