Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, got my old 2000 400ex put back together. I installed a new heavy duty timing chain and guides, along with new seals ect and a new drive chain/sprockets, upper balljoints, and pivot bearings in the rear swing arm. Plus some other misc here and there. Its almost good as new and runs darn strong for the miles it probably has on it:D Cam and cyl still looked in very good condition. Old timing chain was just a little stretched and the valve seals were starting to seep on the exhaust side. Enough of my rambling..:eek:

Anyway, I bought a Vapor computer for it. Everything hooked up good except the engine temp thats supposed to install under the spark plug which I've read is near impossible in most cases. Has anyone tried installing the sensor against the engine case at one of the engine mounts? I'm sure it might read a bit cool but would give a general idea?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also bought a Vapor for my brothers xr250r. We ended up just putting the engine temp under the vent hose on the head covers of both my 400EX and the XR250R.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.