Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas - I've got a 2014 400x that has a fmfQ4 and header, K&N filter with outerwear cover, airbox lid is on. My jetting is Main 160 Pilot 40 with DJ needle clip on 3rd notch. It does have 21" tires with the gearing changed. Not sure if that would effect anything. Bike runs great!!!!! No popping on decel......But in fourth or fifth gear if I hold in the clutch waiting to down shift/idle drop the bike will stall. I have checked of leaks and there is none. I do have one of the gas cap vent thats about 7" with the filter button on top. Vapor lock? Need to change jets? Throttle cable? Clutch on adjusted properly? I did recently install a hydro clutch.

·
Super Moderator
3,578 Posts
Turn the idle speed up - reset the fuel screw with the engine hot (after running (not idling) 15 to 20 min) - with the desired idle speed (about 1200 RPM) set, turn the fuel screw in in 1/8 turn increments pausing 5 to 10 seconds between adjustments, until the idle speed drops 50 RPM - at this point turn the fuel screw out 1 full turn.

This will probably solve the stalling problem, but with the mods you have made it may not - BTW, why do you release the clutch and wait to downshift? I don't use the clutch to downshift (or up shift) - I only use the clutch for starting, stopping and feeding power to the rear wheels on hills and in turns or negotiating a tight section or certain obstacle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts