Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i know this is my first post and i would like to say hello everyone and i appreciate all the advice and info im given! I have a 416ex and i just had a mechanic redo the timing chain and tensioner on it and put in a new head gasket...

I have been noticing after about 5 mins of running there is a small bit of smoke coming from the engine at and round the exhaust valves it seems. Is this because we may have used the wrong size head gasket ? and if so... what size head gasket am i looking for ? any suggestions?

The smoke is not billowing out or anything... you can just see a small amount wisping out - but i know this isnt good and would appreciate any advice you all are welcome to offer! thanks again all.

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
The mechanic should have used a Wiseco (or similar) 87-89mm head gasket

The stock Honda gasket is good for 85-86mm

The Wiseco gasket is part number W5942 and has a MSRP of about $89

Look for one on Ebay or other site - any shop (including mine) can get a set from Wiseco

However, determine why it's leaking first. Is it the head gasket or the exhaust? If it's the head gasket, your problems are just beginning. Chances are the head may be warped from being over torqued. You may have to have the head and/or the cylinder surface planed. If you have to take the cylinder off, plan on putting in new rings. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.