Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted an opinion on buying a 450r or a 700. I have plans on racing in the Baja next season and looks like most riders are on 450s. I know the 700 is heavier but more top end when you need it on certain parts of the race.
Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get a TRX450 if you're looking to do what you wanna do.. The 700xx is more for just fun riding/trail riding and stuff like that. The TRX450 is more of a quad built for racing, jumping and revs allot quicker, less weight. Easier/Cheaper to mod then a FI Quad. With FI to make more power it requires alot more attention as of say like you wanna add an exhaust you need to Retune the ECU instead of swapping Jets out. Allot more Complicated then the 450

·
Registered
13 Posts
X3 on the 450. Especially when it comes to racing over the 700. cheaper and easier to make it go fast. Like said above, they are lighter than the 700s and you can hop off and move it around much easier than the 700. my buddy has a 700 that he built for xc and he's starting to regret buying one instead of the 450r because he gets stuck and he struggles maneuvering it and many other racers pass him up. Get the 450. it'll make your life much easier in my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys really pointed this guy in the wrong direction. Did you not read his og post? He clearly asked which bike is better for BAJA and you guys bring up revving and weight lol. Clearly no one here has ever even witnessed a long distance desert race let alone the baja 1000. The 700xx is more reliable, smoother, faster and can stay pinned a lot longer than the 450 can. It also has a much stronger top end which is the most important part of the powerband in a long distance desert race.
One of you guys brought up the ability to pick up the rear end and move it around? Lol how about not getting hung up or stuck in the first place. The xx has 8 more inches of rear end ground clearance and reverse. The 450r is a better MX bike but on the trail or in the desert, the xx is the best honda to have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.