Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone I'm new here and not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot but I really need some help I'm ready to just throw in the towel on this quad. OK so I bought a 2005 Honda trx450r kicker about 6 months ago. The first day I had it it ran great but its been a downward spiral ever since. Long story short it dropped a valve so I replaced all valves and I shimed them perfect. timing is dead on. All stock other than hmf exhaust and k&n filter with no lid. 192 main and 48 pilot. A/f screw is 2 1/2 turns out. Brand new plug and stator. I'm getting spark compression and from what I can tell fuel but this thing will not start!!! I've tried everything, carb is spotless. I've tried starting fluid I've tried pull starting it and u can hear it fire but it will not stay running! Anybody had this happen please give me any info on how to fix this. Can't afford to put it in the shop and I'm thinking its gotta be something dumb. Decompress or is set at .13" BTW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.