Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. so I’ve a problem with my kick starter. I’ve torn it down and replaced it per the manual (at least 6-8 times) but I keep experiencing the same issues. And if you know the definition of insanity I’m there.

First off the kick starter engages right away not allowing it to skip a tooth this makes it very difficult to kick over. I’m not sure what is causing this and it is my main issue at this point in the game. I’ve all the parts assembled in order; maybe it’s a bad thrust washer? Has anyone experienced this issue?

Second it falls off the stop (internal spring stop) even after I’ve adjusted it. I may just order a new stock one, I know they are discontinued but they are available.

Please Help!

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
First question - are you sure you got the index marks lined up on both the kick ratchet on the inside and the kick lever on the outside?

Second - has the engine been modified making it hard to kick over? 2 smokes usually kick over rather easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.