Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the entire electrical system with quality parts, sanded the ground to bare metal, cleaned and cleaned every connection, used peak voltage tester to test all components I could, and still nothing. I have a Ricks stator, ricks cdi, new Honda coil, made to order harness from south Texas banshee. I’ve bypassed the reverse switch by jumping two harness side connections together, have the key and the kill switch unplugged. Spinning the engine over with a drill, I get one single spark when I first start turning it over then nothing until I stop for a second. One spark again. Woodruff key is still there, magnets in the flywheel feel strong, I’m losing my hair over this thing. Engine just had a top end rebuild with valves, a high compression piston and porting.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I don’t want to keep throwing money at a $1200 quad

·
Super Moderator
4,791 Posts
Welcome to the forum

My initial conclusion is you either have weak magnets in the alternator rotor or a faulty new component.

Please post the peak voltage results of the CDI charge coil, pulse coil and CDI to coil discharge.

If you have not yet, check the continuity of each ignition component wire
blk/red from stator to CDI unit
blu/yel from pulse coil to CDI unit
blk/yel from cdi unit to primary coil

Disconnect the grey wire of the CDI unit to the reverse switch and the blkl/wht kill wire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts