Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here it goes. I traded, a OLD laptop for a Honda 200s 3 wheeler, found a guy that I kinda know, and hes a ok guy, and he had this Honda TRX 350d foreman, 4x4. He said it ran when it was parked, the fuel pump went bad, so he made it gravity a feed system. it also had a oil leak, but he never had to put oil in it......hmmmm???? we traded even up. any how, I took the carb apart, (first thing I do after finding spark) and I was surprised to see it was beautiful inside. so I kicked it a few times and started right up!! seemed to run great. shut it off after about 10 mins of messing around in the yard. did some thing for a few mins, went to start it, all I get is pop, pop, pop, pop. Go out the next day, kick it 2 times, starts right up, then the same story as above. I can do this every day and still have the same result. I want to use it for trapping but I cant push the darn thing back to the truck if I shut it off. just wondering if im missing something. I KNOW IT IS NOT OEM SETUP, but im trying to get it so I know it will run when I need it to without dumping money into it and having the same problem. it is in ok shape and everything works the way it should, except the fan, the wire was cut and I cant figure where it gets connected. if I ground the wire it turns on. oh and the reverse light doesn't work either, but that's not to important right now. other than that, when it runs it runs great and is a BEAR!! but it is just getting it to start back up. I bought the rebuild kit for the starter so at least I can start it that way. I thought it might have been the decompression lever getting stuck, so I disconnected it and still having the same issue. sorry for the long story, but I want to cover all I can. thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
First check the valve clearance, try a different spark plug, plug cap and then coil - if all fails, replace the stator. I'll have to check a wiring diagram to tell you where the fan wire plugs in.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
On your fan, (all tests done with the key on) the green wire is ground and the blue wire is the power wire. I presume the green wire is cut? The green wire can be grounded anywhere to complete the circuit. The blue wire goes to the fan control unit and the fan control unit gets the signal to turn the fan on from the oil temp sensor. The oil temp sensor is located on the RH side of the motor just above the brake pedal. The neutral and reverse light switches are located above it. The light switches have just one wire going to each and the oil temp sensor has 2 wires going to it. With the fan running, disconnect one of the sensor wires. If the fan stops, you have a bad sensor. If the fan continues to run, you have a shorted wire or an bad control module.
The reverse switch is the forward most one of the two. Simple test - unplug the wire from the switch and connect it to ground. If the light turns on - bad switch - if the light does not turn on - bad wiring, burned out bulb, poor connection somewhere (since the neutral light works, you have power in the vicinity of the dash lights and that indicates the fuse is good and power wiring is ok up to the dash). To test wiring between the reverse light and the switch, connect a ground wire to the green wire as close to the bulb socket as possible - bulb lights, check wire from light to switch. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU HERE2HELP!!! first off, let me say, I am 98.999995% sure I figured out the running issue. I put the fuel tank back on the back rack and added 3" to the height of it, IT RUNS AWESOME!!!! Before when I got it to start it would idle for 5 mins or so, now it idles FOREVER, and has no hesitation on take off. So now I bought a vacuum pump and im gonna ad it to the OEM tank and see how it works. Now on to the fan... it is actually the grey/red?? wire that is cut, and it I hook a test light to the neg battery terminal and touch the grey wire the fan comes on. it is right where you said, above the break peddle, very close to the kicker end. if I need to ill hook a toggle switch to it and when it get warm I flip it on???? the oil light comes on when the key switch is activated, so I know it works. thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.