Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88/89 250r. This is the perfect example of a barnfind the guy wanted $600 for it, so we bought it.
It has ohlins shocks up front, a pep shock in the rear with an adjustable link, a Paul Turner pipe with an unknown silencer, K&N filter, a steering stabilizer, Roost Boost ignition, a quick change clutch cover (which we had never seen before), and there are various markings on the head and jug. Tires= rear holeshots, flat and plugged, front= one 19 or 20in tire, and a new maxxis rzr, the previous owner hadn't thought to match tire sizes I guess.
We cleaned the carb, changed oil, put new reeds in, got it running and the thing hauls!! Ebay provided a bumper, front OEM gold wheels and tires, and we had a set of 18in holeshots on 200x wheels lying around.
In short, we know pretty much nothing about this machine, we ride, but never have been into the racing scene. If you could tell me anything about this bike, it would be greatly appreciated.

I would especially like to know if a 450r swingarm would fit the 88/89 frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody know anything about fitting a trx450r swingarm to an 88/89 250r? I've seen it done on an 85/86, but not the later model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts