Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'88 TRX starts, runs for just a second, then loses spark and dies. I can restart it immediately, but this happens for 10 to 20 or more times. Finally it will run, but usually only for a few minutes or so then dies - but will restart again.

The local shop cannot identify the problem.

Anyone here have a similar experience? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks, Jimbolog

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
That's what I went through - the Cat would start and pretty much run fine - drop down to idle and it would die - spark check indicated spark was disappearing - only other indication was it didn't charge the battery properly

I first thought it was the stator, but the stator passed all tests other than output - pulled the cover off and found magnets stuck to the stator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only thing, this TRX can be running wide open but die with no warning whatsoever. However, it usually restarts with just a push of the starter button. The battery seems to be charging also. Won't be able to get it to the shop for a while, but will post results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.