Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen pictures of one that appeared to be made specifically for the 86-88 models. Used ones for 84-85 models are plentiful for some reason

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
The swing arm and axle carrier is the same for all the models - I think the earlier ones you've seen will work as I believe they bolt to the axle carrier to swing arm bolts - send me a link to one you are looking at

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Won't work - that fits a model code VM5 which is a shaft drive - you need one that fits model code HB3 which is chain drive.

The part would be 50810-HB3-000 - 50810 identifies the part - HB3 is the model code - the last 3 (or 5) digits indicate color, manufacturer, modification (lighter to heavier material) etc.

I did a search for 50810-VB5 (that's all) and came up with:
Parts Search Results
Assemblies where 50810-VM5-000 is used

1984 TRX200 A - FRAME

I searched for 50810-HB3 and got:
Parts Search Results

Sorry...
No parts found. Please try different sku or provide more information.

As far as I know, no one commercially manufactured a trailer hitch for the chain drive models - you will have to devise one.

Take the ATV to a machine or welding shop and tell them what you want - they can create one or just weld a triangular plate to the axle housing - whatever it takes, but it's not likely you will findd a 'bolt-on' - they never made them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts