Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question on the RPM limit control in reverse on this '94 TRX300. It also limits the RPM's going forward is the trouble!! Where does it get the signal to control the RPM's or what is going on with this machine? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
It gets it's signal from the reverse switch. The switch also turns on the reverse light. I have seen the switch fail where it appears to turn off the light (faint glow) but the connection is good enough to make it think its still in reverse. Unplug the wire on the reverse switch and see if that fixex the problem. CAUTION: with the reverse switch wire disconnected it will run as fast in reverse as it will forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I unplugged the reverse switch and the same thing goes on. Do you know which wire at the module I could clip to eliminate any signal coming thru to the module?( the module was replaced last fall and started doing it shortly after that,new module) Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.