Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no people on here are tired of the same old questions so i apoligize in advance,but i cant get a straight answer.i installed a power bomb and powercore 4 on a bone stock 06 trx 450r.I live at 1800 feet elevation and drive the quad between 5 degrees celcius and just above 30 degrees celcius.Never sees mud at all barely,but we have sandy areas around here so it will get dusty.My question is i here about no air box cover,holes in the air box not really knowing how big these holes should be.im just looking for some answers on what is just an all round good set up to get a noticeable amount of power out of this pipe and muffler.i need to no what size jets i need,needle settings and if i even need holes in the air box.Ive worked on sleds quite a bit and some motocross stuff,so i should get the jist of what your tellin me,any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I run my bike without a box lid, but my bike doesn`t leave the shed if its wet outside... haha. If your going to run without a lid, you should probably get a UNI filter, and keep it serviced. I`m not going to know what to tell you for sure about the jets, Here 2 Help probably can. But 10 sizes up on your main jet, and 5 sizes up on the pilot should have you close.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
One size up on the pilot jet (re-adjust fuel screw for best idle - if it doesn't idle well, go back to the stock pilot jet) - about 4 sizes up on the main - needle setting is for mid-throttle and steady speed (usually does not need changed from factory setting)

Main jet might need be bigger, but ride it first to find out. Too big of a jet causes fouled plugs, wasted fuel and a loss of power

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.