Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost 2 years ago I bought my 300 as a heap. It was sold to me as a parts unite. Long story short, It got new valves, rockers, timing chain, ect. Never bored out.

I'm finally getting back into giving this thing some time. A few things I'd like to have some help with;

-What/ware is a good axle carrier to purchase for the buck. I'm not gonna be a pro racer with it or anything of the kind.

-The clutch switch. To start it in any gear, with the clutch lever pulled in, not working. Ware do I search for that issue. It will start fine in neutral.

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Lonestar Racing has a cast carrier for $180 (complete with bearings & seals) or a billet carrier for $190. ModQuad racing has a billet carrier (complete) for $180 and in annodized colors for $185. Both are very good units, reasonably priced and usually readily available.

Clutch switch is easily checked - closed when the lever is pulled in - it is easily replaced. If the switch is good, check the wiring from the switch to the CDI unit. If the wiring is good, borrow a working CDI from 93-06 300EX to see if that fixes the problem - if it does, get a new CDI unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.