Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. My bro-in-law just got a 91 250. He has no lights or nothing. It uses only a kick start. No battery. My question is there a way to add lights to it? Thanks and sorry if it has been addressed somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem - the 250X came with a headlight. It is powered directly off the alternator. Just find the light wire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did they all come with a light? Is there an alternator with no battery? Having looked at it to well yet. I know the plastic on it is aftermarket.

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
Yes, it is a single phase alternator with no charging system. The white/yellow wire coming out of the alternator went to the headlight on off switch. At the switch it became a brown wire and went to the dimmer switch and the tail light. At the dimmer switch it became a blue wire for high beam or a white wire for low beam. The green wire in the wiring harness is the ground wire which is terminated on the engine and frame to assure a good ground.

You can connect a 12 volt headlight directly to the white/yellow wire coming out of the alternator and ground it to the frame or engine for a single beam light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts