Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thank you for allowing me to join. I am a machinist and rebuild antique engines for a living. I recently inherited a 1990 TRX300 for next to nothing. It does have some issues but nothing I can't deal with. All 4 tires are shot and leak down pretty quick and one of them loses air as fast as you put it in so new tires will be in order. This is one of those "it ran when it was put away" but as yet I know it has good compression and the wiring harness has a minimum amount of user repairs, the reverse switch has also been PO repaired... cosmetically the plastic is all there and in good condition with no cracks. The seat is shot but the majority of the padding is there and the seat pan is good. Both front and rear cargo racks are in perfect condition. The tank was dry and the fuel line to the carb was gone and looks like a wasp plugged the inlet nipple with mud so I will go through the carb after I get it off. When I get it running then I plan on putting a small plow on it for doing close to my building but so far I don't see an oil cooler on this so that may be on the list too. First on the list is to bring the engine back to life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am making some good progress on this ATV. I have cleaned out the carb and got the engine to run and now that I know it does run I will re kit the carb. I have also pulled out all of the "add-on" wiring that was badly done. The old tires with the odd size rims have been replaced with a set from a Foreman. So far so good and happy as a hog in slop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.