Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the one way bearings on a 1987 fourtrax 250 the same on both sides? I understand that they go in opposite directions but I figured like my other quad that it was just flipped around. So I’m basically asking if I buy the same bearing for both sides would it be correct?

·
Super Moderator
4,250 Posts
What one way bearings are you talking about? The only one way bearing I know of on the 87 250, 250R or 250X is in the centrifugal clutch (part number 22120-HA0-000 and NLA) and is an internal clutch about 2 inch in dia.. The starter clutch is an external clutch about 4 inches in dia., is part number 28125-HA0-681 and is also NLA.

If these are the one way 'bearings' you are asking about; no they are not the same - if it's a different part you are asking about, I (or any parts person) will need a better description or a pic of what you are inquiring about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What one way bearings are you talking about? The only one way bearing I know of on the 87 250, 250R or 250X is in the centrifugal clutch (part number 22120-HA0-000 and NLA) and is an internal clutch about 2 inch in dia.. The starter clutch is an external clutch about 4 inches in dia., is part number 28125-HA0-681 and is also NLA.

If these are the one way 'bearings' you are asking about; no they are not the same - if it's a different part you are asking about, I (or any parts person) will need a better description or a pic of what you are inquiring about.
Appreciate the help, after doing a little more research I realized they weren’t the same part models, also I was referring to the starter bearing behind the flywheel on a 87 fourtrax 250 (sorry for the poor description) i thought that the one in the kickstart side were the same part, but I figured it out, ordered the correct parts and they are in their way😀 thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts