Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a new axle in before Lotettas, bent it the week before but was trying a dura blue 50$ lock nut my buddie gave me said he had no luck with it so i tried it made 2 laps was a little loose, re tightened has not come loose since, made a lot of laps at Lorettas and road yesterday at LoneLake and is still tight, if anyone is having trouble with the factory locknut try the DuraBlue it does work.

Reactions: tomgodd

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have not had problems with my 400 yet but on my 450 I had I had to order a new one and I think it was a lLSR. It was more than 50 but I bought a new axle at the same time and it was a LSR It worked well after that. Ill keep the DuraBlue product in mind its not as Exp..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LSR is a good one its the anti fade has the brake rotor hub with it but it is $200 bucks,and i was trying to save money for Lorettas, spent about a $1000 for those 3 days, expensive weekend for a plaque.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes it was The LSR antifade. I dug up some receipts and I spent Ove 700 dollars on that rearend. I put new Axle and nut and Bearings in the rear. I forgot I had that much Money in that quad. I should of kept it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it does not take long to get a pile of monet tied up in one, i have close to 13,000 in mine counting the price or the quad new.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wish i had 20 grand in mine i would be flyin!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
suspension is 90% of what makes a quad fast. You can have a stock quad with good suspension ang spank a quad with motor work and no suspension.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My suspension is stock on my 400 and I know it. I had elka on my 450 it was nice. I have a stock set of 450r shocks for my quad that I want to send of and have reworked. They will help. Atleast you can adjust them a little more so they dont spring back in your face like the 400ex stockers.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Have GT Thunder revalve those 450 shocks, they do great work.

They also sell a rear linkage setup that improves the handling and the actions of the rear shock.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Colby at C&D racing does a great job also, i have the GT Thunder MX rear link and it made a hugh differance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts