Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 400ex with stock a arms, has any one cut the original ball joint off at the end of the tube and threaded it and replaced with an automotive ball joint if so was it worth it and what ball joints were used as the upper and lower tubes are different size. Tia.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
Not in my neck of the woods - either buy a new a-arm with ball joint or get aftermarket a arms with replaceable ball joints.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am also doing this. Search 16mm X 12mm X 2 1/2" shank or whatever size balljoint you need after your cut. I cut, then use a dremel if your tubing has the flat sides on the inside diameter. To get the 16mm shank to slide in. "Other" brands do this, when replacement arns are not available. However, I have TERRIABLE luck and can rip a boot on asphalt. Being able to unbolt and bolt in a new one in 15 mins, works best for me.:whistle:

·
Registered
130 Posts
For example. Usually under $30 a pair. Yes, they are cheap. But easy to treat as a regular maintenance item. In N.C. wild patches of rogue saw briar and barbed wire grow without warning. Haha! Don't forget grease needles, for your "unservicable" items.
s-l400.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts