Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to change out my bearings and my disc hub out come off. I have the 2 axle nuts off but it still won't come off of the splines. I've tried heating, soaking overnight in PB Blaster and pried and pried and pried and banged and banged and banged until the right side of the axle mushroomed. Any ideas?? HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Thanks

btw its a 99 TRX 400ex

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Advanced auto will rent you a brake drum puller. You will need two pieces of threaded rod, some nutsreason and washers to pull the disk. Position the puller at the end of the axle. Run the threaded rod through the holes on the puller and through your disk. Put the nuts and washers on the rod and snug them up. Now put the pulling bolt into the puller and tighten it down on the axle. This should pull the disk off. Be careful not to warp your disk. I hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
dirtguy25's solution sounds reasonable. I have removed the swing arm and used an H-frame press, but many times the hub gets damaged and has to be replaced. Heat helps, but you need more than a propane torch to get enough heat. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been trying to change out my bearings and my disc hub out come off. I have the 2 axle nuts off but it still won't come off of the splines. I've tried heating, soaking overnight in PB Blaster and pried and pried and pried and banged and banged and banged until the right side of the axle mushroomed. Any ideas?? HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Thanks

btw its a 99 TRX 400ex
dude i have a hub at the garage the problem is i didnt know how can i put them into my atv. please help me on this. thanks a lot.

K&N air filter
Dynajet kit 145 front/148 rear
HMF Exhaust

2" air intake snorkel
1 1/2" CVT intake & 1 1/2" CVT output snorkels
Ben-Made radiator relocation to front rack
Suzuki Samurai electric radiator fan
Dynatek Ignition Plug-in module

ATV Hubs & Lock Nuts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.