Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 TRX 250 EX which has some issues. I've throughly cleaned the carb and am still having engine stalling at low rpm. It will start with the choke on but needs reved continuously to keep it going. The engine backfires and doesn't rev as it should at higher rpm. The air box and K&N are clean. It seems similar to a mistimed cam. My belief is my rev happy daughter has jumped the timing while stuck in the mud. I'll need some info as to pulling the engine apart to replace the cam chain and look for possible other damage. The engine sounds fine mechanically and doesn't smoke. I plan on checking the valve clearance first and do a compression check before getting serious. I have the tech data for checking the timing and valves but will need info pretaining to replacing the cam chain and maybe pulling the head. Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
I would go and get a Honda repair manual for it. It has some great info and is a great deal of help on working on these things. Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
718 Posts
If you have a K&N air filter you will have to re jet it for the extra air flow, that may have something to do with it not wanting to idle and back firing.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
i downloaded the book for my 04 450R and then i saved it to a memory card and staples printed all 330 pages for $26.00 and they put holes so i put it in a nice thick binder and used tabs to label each chapter its alot easier to flip through then the actual book......plus i was able to move chapter nine to where it belonged for some reason they printed it in the back of the book

1 - 11 of 11 Posts