Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently had my 2007 400ex rebuilt by a shop, top to bottom. It runs and sounds Awesome. I’m having three main problems. The first is just starting it up, with it without the choke it takes several attempts and minutes to start up. I’ve heard peoples 400ex starts right up on a cold start and mine takes forever. Another issue I’m having is while I’m out riding and I shut the quad off, I have to let it sit for a few minutes before I can start it up again. I was told it was because it was running rich and the spark plug was wet which is why it has to sit before starting up because it’s drying off. And my last problem is the front left wheel is slightly leaning outward compared to the right wheel. I don’t think it’s the A arms, not sure what it could be. Thanks for any help, I live this quad and I want to keep it

· Super Moderator
4,815 Posts
Every engine starts differently and you should use the choke to start it when cold. If the engine won't start hot, either the carb float level is too high or the fuel you are using is ethanol blended or the ignition might be marginally weak. Try starting when hot by holding the throttle wide open then start cranking the engine - as the engine is spinning over slowly let off the throttle and see if it will start easier that way.

The wheel? The axle spindle might be bent on one side or the other. The one leaning out might be normal and the one not leaning out might be bent. You will have to look at several to determine what is nor mal for your set-up. If your front shocks are longer than normal, it will change the appearance of the geometry.

· Registered
5 Posts
Check your wheel bearings mud will wipe them out fast the 400 will prime when you throttle and sometimes will run the carburetor dry slash flood when the jets start to plug up. Lean engines eat valves check your spark cdi coil kits are cheap verify your in time hot cams requires you to remove the stock spring and plunger how built is it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts