Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help with a strange problem with my wife's TRX250TE ES. I can start the engine and it will idle until I run out of gas. I can shift in reverse and ride all day. I can shift into a forward gear and can go maybe 3-5' and the engine dies. This just started a couple of days ago and until then the unit has been bulletproof. It is a 2003 model purchased new in 2004. Any help would be much appreciated. At first I thought it might be a brake problem but that has been disproved.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
To get into the transmission, remove the engine and completely disassemble (split the cases)

Since this vehicle is has a centrifugal clutch, I would be hesitant to point to the transmission as the problem. Since it is electric shift, I would suggest trouble shooting the ESP (electric shift program). The service manual devotes an entire chapter to trouble shooting both shifting and ignition problems caused by the ECM (engine control module).

I recommend taking it to a Honda shop to have it serviced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.