Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I have recently decided to get my 2000 400 Ex back into running condition after several years of resting. I have changed the plug and cleaned out the fuel tank. I also removed the carb and replaced all the old jets and gave her a good cleaning. The problem is I think my fuel inlet going into the carb is plugged because I cannot get fuel or air to pass through it into the bowl. Should that passage be open when the carb is off the bike or does it require vaccum to open a valve inside there? Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
The fuel inlet should be open whenever there in no or low fuel level in the bowl. No vacuum or more than 4 pounds of pressure needed. I will guess either the float needle is stuck with goo, the float is not moving or the passage is plugged

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I have the float needle and float removed so it must be a clogged passage. any ideas on clearing it? I've blasted it with carb cleaner and compressed air, heck I even boiled it in lemon water for awhile with no success. I'm open to suggestions...

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Complete dis-assembly and soak in commercial carb cleaner till clean. Berrymans (available through O'Reilly and other auto parts suppliers) Chem-dip usually does the trick. The O'Reilly's in my area don't stock it, but order it for me whenever I need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.