Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a trx300 93' model, that has sat up for a couple of years, i replaced the carberator, cranked it up and it ran perfect. my choke cable was sticking so i decided to replace the cable since my new carb came with a new starter valve assembly, well now it runs horrible, when the lever on the handle is in the choke positon it appears to be trying to idle and when the lever is normal run postion it is idled up like it is choked.
any idea what i screwed up?

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
My first guess would be incorrect installation of the cable. Not seated properly or not routed properly. Second guess would be incorrect cable. Third guess; a damaged choke plunger or dirt in the plunger assy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the installation of the cable, i tied on to the existing cable and pulled the new one through, so i think it is routed the same way,not sure what you mean by not seated properly. the choke plunger was brand new, i did remove and inspect for dirt or damage,spayed some WD40 on to make sure it would move properly, the third thing you suggest is improper cable, not sure on that one, i threw away the old cable and did not compare the two.thanks for the suggustions, any others?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.