Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I reciently bought a used 2001 Honda recon, its been ridden but ran good. long story short, I cant seem to find a real good diagram for the vacuum hose routing. we went to replace dry rotted vacuum lines and noticed they were not as the diagram we found. now the engine wont stay running and gas is not flowing from tank. the filter was only half full when running, now it has none. we did clean out tank...it had old gas im sure by the color....and help would be great!...thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one more question, I saw this when I was routing the new brake cable. there was a tube going from the top port of the diaphragm and ran and ended in the steering column bracket...this is not the case according to this diagram...any thought on where this should be hooked up to?...thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,474 Posts
one more question, I saw this when I was routing the new brake cable. there was a tube going from the top port of the diaphragm and ran and ended in the steering column bracket...this is not the case according to this diagram...any thought on where this should be hooked up to?...thanks
Either the float bowl vent hose or the rear brake panel vent hose - hard to say from here

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm...ok. one more, the port just to the left of the choke linkage, should this be unused?...thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,474 Posts
Look at the color coded pic - in the Honda manual pic, the vent port is not shown as having a hose on it, but in the color coded pic, the vent hose is shown - if you still have a question, I need a pic of the carb and the port in question

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, I didn't see the other pic yesterday. it seems to be right where the blue line is going. nothing was on mine or the drain port below the float when I got the machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts