Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

crf hybrid help

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lee337 
#1 ·
so I put my 06 crf motor in my 05 trx. but need to find a intake boot to clear the frame and make it to the carb. can any one point me in the right derection?

#2 ·
I put a yz 490 engine on an 02 ex frame I had the same issue, I made an intake. I cut the boot as short as I could with enough left to clamp. Then I bent some tubing and tucked the carb back in the corner almost perpendicular to the engine I used a spectra rubber cold air intake coupler from autozone to connect the pipe to the carb. Then did a similar process for the filter .....not sure how the crf fits but maybe you could lower the front mounts to tilt the motor more and do some stuffing.....my last idea would be to cut the frame, and weld in a circle for the carb to go through or a hump for the carb to go under or over. Theoretically this should support the frame as nessessery and allow clearance but I'm not an engineer lol.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Up date

Well everything is moving along great! I'll try to get pics soon, but down with a bad back right now.
To get the 06 Crf450r intake assembly to fit it took a 04 Crf250r intake boot on the cylinder head side ( it has a 20deg bend to it & Same ID as the 450). On the filter side of the card I end up using a LT500 intake boot of one of the old quadzilla. this got me over the brace and looks great! Then I just did a open air intake no box but an outer ware just for pease of mind.
Also built a custom swing arm bolt and motor bushings to tie the rear together.
Next I used the Cfr450 motor brackets & built new tabs on the frame. Just blew it apart getting ready for paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.