Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a cherry 2003 400EX and took it out for its maiden voyage to Sand Mountain Nevada. It developed a little exhaust leak. See pic. It has a Big Gun exhaust that was purchased when the bike rolled off the showroom floor. I believe the header is aftermarket and assume it’s also a Big Gun but I’m not certain. I don’t really want to add a complete exhaust for $600 so I’m hoping to replace just the header. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
3,906 Posts
Check with powersportsnation.com or call them at 402-371-7002 and see what they might have - check Ebay, facebook marketplace and (yes - they are still there) craigslist - only other option is an ugly patch at a welding shop, but do you want function or appearance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will always choose function over looks but not wanting to cheap out. I went ahead and ordered a new one from Motorsport. I think it’s an FMF. I ordered just the head pipe. Hopefully it mates up the the big gun can ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I got the new pipe but held off on installing til after Christmas. Turns out the new header pipe has a smaller diameter
Than the big gun slip on. Also to correct the above post, it was a pro circuit header that I ordered, not FMF. Now I have to make a decision, order a pro circuit t-4 can or send back the header and get a complete system. I’m leaning toward getting a complete system. I’m leaning toward the HMF comp or the yoshi rs2 since the big gun evo and the hmf performance don’t seem to meet California’s BS C.A.R.B. standards. There are other ways I can go like FMF, by mixing and matching the header and a slip on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts